How to Get Involved
A dance of this size takes a community to put it on. We would love to hear from you if you are able to help in any way. We are ask for help from the community for every Fire Dance Ceremony.
I love the Fire Dance. How do I become more involved?
Just turn up! Let the coordinator or Chief know you are coming. Work your way through the different roles in different countries, learning as you go. Also, coming early helps. In that way you get to find out how the dance arbor is set up and what needs to be done and these are all lessons in ceremony and how to hold ceremony. And also we would love your help.
Also, help with coordination is always needed. Buying food supplies and other supplies.
Other Ways to Get Involved:
- Helping guests as they arrive at each venue with lifts, advice, a bed for the night etc.
- Helping each Land Steward with any number of tasks that are needed in preparing for all the visitors.
- Helping to buy food for the kitchen in advance of the dance.
- Helping to translate documents into native languages as needed for each venue.
- Helping to prepare the arbor and land in advance of the dance.
- Lending international dancers a tent and bedding for their dance.
- Helping buy supplies for the dance – like cornmeal, sage, tobacco etc.
- Sharing this dance on Facebook or personally inviting others (Click “Share” on this page and then click “Invite Friends” from the drop down), who you think might be interested.
Please do let the international coordinator, Brandy Winn at firstname.lastname@example.org know if you are able to help in any way. Thank you so much!!!